Friday, November 14, 2008

Talking Turkey...

Both the kids came home with the same Turkey homework project...disguise Tom the Turkey... So last night I asked the kids what they wanted to disguise their Turkey's as and true to each of their personalities Luke states he wants a Batman Turkey and of course Hailie said she wanted her Turkey to be a Princess Ballerina... sounded easy enough...
We raided my craft closet and found all the materials they wanted to use on their turkeys...
TWO hours later here are the results.. (took far longer then I anticipated but the kids did pretty much everything themselves..so they were really proud, which made it worth it)

Luke during the project tells me we can't forget Batmans "booms".. I was like do I dare ask what "booms"are..so I was like, "baby..what are Batmans booms".. and he said you know mommy and proceeded to touch my "boob" and I was like ohhhh.. and I said well honey boys don't have "booms" (well most of them anyways) they have muscles and he says to me"okay mommy can we just make sure that he has big booms to put my cool bat on".... point made..please see big booms above..


Here is Hailie with her Princess BallerinaTurkey..I was so impressed with her on this project.. she picked out the crayon colors and colored the whole turkey herself and they are kind of hard to see but she put tiny crystals on the end of the "wings" as she called them.. she was so thrilled with herself.




Too turkey cute!



No comments: