Monday, August 18, 2008

I didn't start a fire in the kitchen this time! (and yes I really have done that before)

So this weekend I decided to cook... a rarity in my house, but hey I am working on it!
I decided I was going to try to do two new recipe's every weekend..one entree and one dessert.. We will see how long that lasts.. I thought if I decided to blog about it, then I would be more apt to follow through..

So here we go.. Week 1 of my mid year resolution:

I had a recipe that I found a couple weeks ago and it is becoming a favorite in our house and seems to be on permanent rotation...
Fiesta Rice..
I found this recipe on a blog that is becoming one of my favorites.. Dinner's on Me!
The only thing I did was make it with white rice instead of brown, so Kyle and the kids would eat it. We had it over tortilla chips and I added chicken for the best ultimate nachos, and then a couple days later we made burritos..so yummy.. I also stole the picture from her blog, because I found out this weekend how difficult it is to take pictures of food and make it look appetizing..


The next thing I baked was Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars...
Let's just say that they were beyond delicious..enough so that Kyle almost ate the entire 9X9 pan by himself in 2 days!
I found the recipe on Bake or Break.. a blog that I find myself checking everyday as well.
Again, I stole her picture too.. I know..I know.. I said I am going to work on it!
Anyways, for me..the complete non-baker/cook ... they were fairly painless to make.
Besides the fact that while making the crust part, I put the butter in with the graham cracker crumbs and when I was mixing them couldn't figure out why the crumbs were not getting moist, then I looked at the recipe again and noticed it said to melt the butter.... ohhh..
I never have said I was brillant at this stuff..so go ahead and laugh..
So I tossed that mess and started again and then it went pretty smooth from there...

No comments: