Sunday, May 3, 2009

six...

so I had envisioned this pirate party complete with a treasure hunt, make your own pirate swords.. and finishing strong with a pirate singing Happy Birthday to Luke and cutting the cake with a sword...

Then a funny thing happened.. my son asked if we could have his party somewhere fun like peter piper pizza so he can play games with his cousins...

Mommy realized it wasn't her party but her six year old's..

I held onto the pirate theme (scaled down big time though) and booked the party package at peter pipers...

The cake..
Grandma Kathy always comes through! It was awesome!

The table decor... every bone in my body screamed that I needed to have all this creativity attached to his party decorations, but all he wanted was some pirate paper plates and cups and some cool pirate treasure coins...


so that is what the birthday boy got..Not that many pictures as we all had so much fun and I was busy playing my son in air hockey and trying to beat my dad at basketball...
lesson learned: six year olds really do know how to have fun..

Luke got so many wonderful presents and he was so thankful and excited about everything he got..

The first thing we did when we got home was to put together his wooden pirate ship.. he was so excited he could hardly contain himself..

daddy even let him use the power drill.. he is six you know..

my what a project...
but he is so incredibly happy to have a "real pirate ship" to have all his pirate adventures on..

the day ended with one incredibly happy and exhausted six year old pirate boy...
just as he requested..

1 comment:

GrandmaKathy said...

Dear Cara,
Thanks for using the "before" picture of the cake!
Luke and the kids had so much fun. It was a great place for a six year old to have a party.