Wednesday, January 20, 2010

missed the wall vinyl train...

so in the last post I talked about moving next month and Hailies new room..which has been on my brain a bit.. currently the room that will be hers in the new house is painted a lovely Barney purple with hot pink sponge paint ALL over (Apparently people STILL sponge paint) so that is the first thing that needs to go pronto..
now is the part that I know will generate some boos from some of you..
I am a "builder beige" (as some of you famous decorator bloggers call it) kind of girl...
I can't help it.. I love the relaxing/soothing feeling of the same color walls all throughout the house... I was playing with the idea of painting the rooms different colors, because I have done this in the past.. but the more I was thinking about it..why?..when I love beige.. everything goes with it and you can bring in design elements for interest in other areas...
Hence, this post...
where have I been in regards to wall vinyl..
I guess I just thought it was used for famous sayings and such, but I was trying to brainstorm what else I can bring into hailiegirls room to liven it up a bit once we paint her room that perfect beige color..
and I came across these..

I searched Etsy for wall vinyl and it came up with only oh...1,000 pages.. geez.. who knew..
I would love the last one in a light pink...
I would put the vinyl on the wall that her day bed is going on...
wall vinyl a do or overdone?
because here is the other idea I was contemplating playing off of..
I would use the garland I just purchased.. we actually have the martha stewart puffs already that were hanging in her room at one point, I would just have to buy some cute paper lanterns and then continue to expand on the wall art that I have already begun putting together..
I need feedback...
thoughts?

2 comments:

GrandmaKathy said...

I really like this idea. You can do so much with pictures and other decor touches. I agree with you, I like vinyl as long as it's not overdone. Beige is a good background for everything. All of her bedding and her "feet" picture would look so nice on it. And it's easy to add/change things with beige as the background. Sounds good to me!

Biscuits 'N Gravy said...

I think either way you go would be fabulous, you have an amazing eye for design. Personally, I say stick to what you already have and go from there. So if you already have the puffs and the garland, go with that and then you just need a few little touches.