Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Valentine's..

I decided for Luke and Hailie's Valentine's this year I would go for creative instead of store bought.. I saw on a blog (sorry, I can not for the life of me remember which one..) this idea to do crayon hearts...
Luke love's to color..Valentine's day is about love...thought we would give it a shot..

So I put him to work peeling crayons... this was the longest task of the project.. we were peeling crayons for hours... oh well...




Then I just bought one of those cool flexible candy molds.. it was at Joanne's for $9 and I used a 50% off coupon..thrifty me...

then you just break up the crayons and put in a 275 oven for 10 minutes..

They come out looking like this and you just let them set for a couple hours...
Once they are set you just pop them out and this is what you get.. Easy Peazy!
I loved the color combination's we ended up with..
A cute little saying and Luke's fantastic signature and we were done!

Then I moved on to Hailie's.. Butterflies of course..
I found this cute butterfly printable at this great blog called Skip to My Lou..
Just printed it out on colored card stock..bought some suckers and google eyes and we were set..

I was so tired from all of Luke's Valentine's though I kind of skipped the google eye part..
I just did not feel like sitting there and gluing on those tiny eyes..
In the end though Hailie didn't even care .. she had fun helping me cut out the butterflies and handing me the suckers to put in the slits...when we were done she said, "so cute mommy, I am so excited" ...phew

No comments: