Thursday, April 1, 2010

entryway shelf...

Pretty blank entry way right...
No worries, I had plans..
I saw this and knew it would be perfect to make for that space...

one problem though, we have never really built anything before...
off to Home Depot we went with our supply list and measurements in hand...
Got home and got started...
we decided to go with mdf instead of wood like they suggested..
we were being lazy.. it was already sanded and primed...

Hailie was busy reading her baby stories..
and Luke was busy building like daddy....



what do you think?

I am so happy with the results!
I am still playing with the styling though and now I have to find the perfect bench to go underneath too..
I am hooked..you can really make anything... this shelf would probably have retailed for at least $200 at Pottery Barn..
we actually already had the white paint...
so the project ended up costing us $63..
most of that spent on the hooks I wanted.. and it could have been even cheaper if we would have used wood instead of mdf..

4 comments:

Biscuits 'N Gravy said...

Wow! Great job!

GrandmaKathy said...

I love this! So professional! Aunt Kaleen found three pews that might work at Treasures of the Past Antiques. :)

Jamie said...

Love this!!! I want to make one myself this weekend :) Did you follow directions of some sort? I think I would need this - could you provide some specifics of what you did? Thanks so much!!

Luke and Hailie Girl said...

Hi Jamie :) Thanks.. I followed this link http://www.remodelingguy.net/2010/02/make-this-beautiful-coat-hanger-shelf-illustrated-how-to/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+remodelingguy+%28www.remodelingguy.net%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

and just cut it to the specifics I wanted it at to fit the wall