Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Countdown to Christmas begins...

So I saw this Adveant Calendar at where else Potterybarnkids...69 bucks...
Not exactly within my budget. I have knocked off their stuff before so I decided to give it a shot again...So armed with my Fabri- Tac (love that stuff!) and felt..loads and loads of felt.. I got to work on not one but five..yes five...I thought hey why not make them for family as well..


Here is Santa being pieced together (pocket # 25 of course!)

So here is the final results..when I was done I never wanted to see another pair of scissors or felt again, but I think they turned out really cute...this picture really doesn't do it justice..again bad photographer most likely but I am going to put the blame on that dang camera again (wink wink Santa)
The pockets were filled by "Santa Grandma"....

Hailie could not wait to look inside those pockets..but I warned her Santa was watching to make sure she was being a good girl..and that seemed to do the trick..

So last night the kids literally almost knocked me down at the door to run and get a stool to see what was in the first pocket...They were so cute reading the verse together and eating their candy canes..It was worth all that work..then the crazy nut I am..remembered seeing somewhere the idea to make a garland with little clothespins to hang Chrismas Cards up with... what else was I going to do with all that leftover felt...

I decided to do mittens as I was done with Christmas tress for awhile...Now I just need everyone to start sending me there Christmas Cards..

No comments: